Walmart AMP Release Expansion Sample Video
The Walmart AMP (Arkansas Music Pavilion) is one of the top amphitheaters in the nation, presenting the best of every genre – from rock and country to electronica and pop. The AMP has been a Walton Arts Center owned and operated venue since 2011.
Recently the Walmart AMP has announced expansion plans to help accommodate their patrons and have released the above video to show off it’s vision coming true in 2020.
This $17.1 million project capitalizes on those elements that make the AMP unique – bringing in big names that you would expect in a larger market with the amenities of a boutique venue.
- A new Procter & Gamble Box Office with more service windows making it easier for patrons to purchase and pick up tickets.
- An expanded main entry plaza twice as large as the current plaza with more Tyson Concession Stands and restrooms in the area.
- A new covered plaza at the top of the lawn, which adds 15,000 square feet of flexible viewing and event space as well as private restrooms. This area can be used for private events during shows and to provide enhanced amenities for the lawn.
- Two new outdoor plazas at the top of the hill will provide two new Tyson Concession stands, 56 additional restroom stalls and flexible space for activations.
- A reconfigured Kraft Heinz Entrance on the north side of the venue will feed into the new space at the top of the hill providing additional gates to get patrons in and out of the venue.
- Overall capacity will increase by 1,000.
Visit www.waltonartscenter.org/AMP/2020/ to see more photos of this exciting project.
Latest posts by Matt Miller (see all)
- Rocklahoma Welcomes Back Fayetteville’s 90lb Wrench - March 6, 2023
- Foo Fighters Make Arkansas Stop - February 28, 2023
- Jelly Roll Adds NW Arkansas To 2023 Tour - February 20, 2023