Fire Prevention Week is October 4th – October 10th
Local firefighters all over NW Arkansas and the American Red Cross are kicking off National Fire Prevention Week by promoting basic safety tips that could save lives during a fire.
Arkansas averages four fires per day throughout the entire state. It also ranks as the third deadliest in the country, according to FEMA. Making sure there’s working batteries inside of a smoke detector could make a difference in saving your life, and your home. This year’s theme is “Hear The Beep Where You Sleep: Every Bedroom Needs a Working Smoke Alarm“.
The Johnson Fire Department provides Fire, Rescue, and EMS service to the Citizens of the City of Johnson Arkansas and an area west of the city limits and is holding informational classes to anyone interested in coming.
- Monday Oct 5th – Open house at the Fire Station. The event is open to the public and food will be served. The event will start at 5:30 pm.
- Tuesday Oct 6th – Fire extinguisher class. This class will be held at Johnson Fire Station and open to the public. The class will begin at 6:30 pm.
- Wednesday Oct 7th– Join firefighters at 5pm for fun at Johnson City Park. Activities include a bounce house. Firefighters will be teaching kids about fire safety.
- Thursday Oct 8th – Johnson Fire Department is hosting a free CPR class taught by Instructor James Hales. The class will begin at 6:30 pm at the Johnson Fire Station.
For more info: Johnsonfiredept61@ hotmail.com
Johnson Fire Station: 5810 s. Cardell Johnson, Ar
About Fire Prevention Week
NFPA has been the official sponsor of Fire Prevention Week since 1922. According to the National Archives and Records Administration’s Library Information Center, Fire Prevention Week is the longest running public health and safety observance on record. The President of the United States has signed a proclamation proclaiming a national observance during that week every year since 1925. Visitwww.firepreventionweek.org for more safety information.
Fire Prevention Week with Johnson Fire Dept
- Rocklahoma Welcomes Back Fayetteville’s 90lb Wrench - March 6, 2023
- Foo Fighters Make Arkansas Stop - February 28, 2023
- Jelly Roll Adds NW Arkansas To 2023 Tour - February 20, 2023