Gospel Blues singer- Brick Fields was born Rachel Scoggins in the delta town of Pine Bluff Arkansas. Sheryl and Dan Crow of the Nashville Blues Society deemed Brick as the “First Lady of The Gospel Blue” and say her music is an “Unleashed Cleansing of The Soul”. Doug Hill of the Norman Transcript says that Bricks music builds a worshipful House of Blues! Brick is a multi-award winning artist as a performer and songwriter.
In the beginning of her career she traveled sang improvisational blues with the Summer Sun music festival jam band in the late 90’s opening for artists such as Warren Haynes, Merl Saunders, New Riders of The Purple Sage and JGB. Followed by an east coast tour with JGB and went on to work in CA with several west coast musicians. Her first recording project “Big Folk, Swill from The Still” was a blues/bluegrass style trio that included Peter Harris and Jude Gold. Brick comes from a line of musicians on both sides of her family including her Uncle, a loved and treasured Arkansas songwriter Mike Scoggins also known as “Burger”.
Brick Fields Music is played on blues, independent, children and gospel radio stations world wide as well as included in some independent films. Since the 2015 Got Soul tour in Israel, Brick Fields can now be called an international touring artist. She writes, records, tours and performs with her husband Larry and they are both often surrounded by an array of talented musicians that form the many musical projects of Brick Fields Music.
Discography includes and is not limited to: Jericho 2015, Go Ahead And Sang The Blues 2013, Songs From The Harvest 2012, Shambhala 2011, Gospel Blue 2010, Changing Tides 2007, Live At Juanitas 2004, Rachel Fields Band 2004, Big Folk Swill From the Still 1999
Brick Fields is an Ozark Mountain Records recording artists and is currently working on a project with Circle Studio Records.
• 2010 Ozark Blues Challenge Winners
• 2011 IBC Participants
• 2011 Pick of Club 152 for Beale St. Blues Kings at the IBC’s Memphis
• 2012 nominee for NWAMusic Awards Best Blues Band
• 2012 for NWA Music Awards Best Duo
• 2012 3rd place Ozark Folk Songwriters Awards
• 2012 Winners King of the Roots Springfield, Mo. Division
• 2013 Winners Ozark Blues Challenge
• 2014 IBC Particiapants
Contact Brick Fields
Artist Spot Light: Brick Feilds
- Music And Event Line Up For Bentonville Testical Festival - July 14, 2023
- Northwest Arkansas Musicians Connection Launches Hall of Fame - June 22, 2023
- Celebrate the 27th Annual Gulley Park Summer Concert Series - June 2, 2023