MIND OVER MATTER – Official Rock Trailer (VIDEO)
I had a chance to visit with Brandon Mendenhall while at Rocklahoma 2017. He is the Founder and Guitarist for The Mendenhall Experiment and has Cerebral palsy He has seriously overcome some tremendous odds.
His incredible story has been told in this fascinating documentary called Mind Over Matter where a young man with cerebral palsy overcomes a paralyzed left hand, bullies and stereotypes; dreaming of becoming a rock guitarist even while being told he will never succeed. The film is due out January 25th 2019.
His dreams become reality as he leads his own band, inspired by the band “KoRn” to express himself through music.
A documentary film starring: Brandon Mendenhall James “Munky” Shaffer Jonathan Davis Brian “Head” Welch + More!
- Directed by Sebastien Paquet
- Film Festival Awards: Winner
- Los Angeles Documentary Festival (2017) Best Cinematography + Best Screenwriting + Audience Award Official Selection
- Official Selection – Bentonville Film Festival (2018)
- Los Angeles Diversity Film Festival (2018) Audience Award Official Selection
- ReelAbilities Film Festival (New York, New Jersey and Pittsburgh) (2018) Winner
- Sacramento Film & Music Festival (2018) Best Documentary Feature Audience Award Winner
- Desert Rocks Film & Music Festival (2018) Best Documentary Feature Award Winner
- Breaking Down Barriers International Disability Film Festival (2018) Best Documentary Character Award