As a musician, your goal maybe to get as many gigs as possible to either earn money or maybe you just want to get your music heard by people who may enjoy it. Whatever the case, proper promotion will put butts in the seats which is why the venue hired you in the first place. Rockin’ Hog Radio created Rockin’ Gigs, a website that musicians can add their Arkansas gig for free and promote it to 1000’s of citizens per day, specifically looking for something to do.
Here are a few tips in successfully using the RockinGigs.com.
- Take a little time and give a short bio on the band. Remember, these people have no idea who you are. Mention your home town and what genre you are. This is the #1 reason people may not show.
- “Sell the product, not the price”. Is the venue having any drink specials? Do they serve food? The average person not in tune with the local music scene may not have any ideas about the venue.
- Add a picture to the event. If using a cell phone to create the event page, you must save the ad then add the pic. A picture tells a 1000 words. Although doubtful, a group of ladies may find the bass player hot and come to the show.
- Add your links to your website or social media to direct traffic and pick up new fans.
- Share the event on Social Media. This simple act in time can dramatically increase patrons to more venues, to other bands and to local events, in the end helping everyone grow.
Another avenue to promote your band is to send a finished Mp3 to Rockin’ Hog Radio, an online Arkansas only Radio Station that has had over 200,000 world wide logins since it’s inception in 2013. It is registered with ASCAP and it can earn you a few extra bucks. Bans have seen an increase in online music sales, bookings and there have been several success stories of bands being found and added to a large record label as well as added to touring national acts.
Keep in mind that getting your name out there is an arduous process, and no matter how good your promotion is, you’re absolutely going to be playing to a handful of folks on occasion. Every other band has been in exactly the same situation, and if you lay a firm promotional groundwork now at these early stages, and your live show is excellent, you’re bound to succeed.
- Rocklahoma Welcomes Back Fayetteville’s 90lb Wrench - March 6, 2023
- Foo Fighters Make Arkansas Stop - February 28, 2023
- Jelly Roll Adds NW Arkansas To 2023 Tour - February 20, 2023